Are you tired of the same old bland and boring vegan meals? Fear not, my plant-based warriors, for I bring you a recipe that is sure to knock your socks off! Introducing the Vegan Quorn Turkey Roast with Mushroom Gravy – a hearty and wholesome dish that will leave you feeling full, satisfied, and ready to take on the world.
Packed with protein, fiber, and a whole lot of flavor, this recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy and delicious meal that will keep them going all day long. So put on your apron and get ready to cook up a storm, because this is one recipe you won’t want to miss!Print
For the Roast:
- 1 Quorn turkey roast (ensure vegan version)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme
For the Mushroom Gravy:
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large baking dish, combine the chopped onion, garlic, carrots, and celery.
- Place the Quorn turkey roast on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the vegetable broth over the roast, ensuring it’s well coated.
- Season with salt, pepper, and optional fresh herbs.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the roast is heated through and the vegetables are tender.
- While the roast is baking, prepare the gravy. Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden brown.
- Stir in the flour, then gradually add the vegetable broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Simmer the gravy until it thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the roast is done, remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving.
- Serve the roast with the mushroom gravy on the side or drizzled on top.
- You can customize the gravy by adding your favorite herbs and spices.
- The gravy can be made ahead and reheated before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan Quorn turkey roast, plant-based roast, vegan holiday meal, vegan mushroom gravy, baked Quorn roast
Indulge in a delicious and healthy vegan feast with this Vegan Quorn Turkey Roast with Mushroom Gravy recipe. The succulent Quorn turkey roast is packed with protein and fiber, while the mushrooms add a meaty texture and a host of healthful benefits. And the best part? It’s ready in just an hour and serves 4-6 people. So let’s get cooking
- Quorn Turk’y Roast: This meatless masterpiece is packed with protein and fiber, making it a nutritious and delicious alternative to traditional turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil: The healthy fats in olive oil not only make this recipe extra flavorful, but they also promote heart health and lower cholesterol levels.
- 1 onion, diced: This versatile vegetable adds depth and flavor to the mushroom gravy while also providing a dose of antioxidants and vitamins.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced: Garlic is not only a delicious addition to the recipe, but it also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced: These fungi are rich in fiber and antioxidants and add a meaty texture to the dish.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch: This gluten-free thickening agent helps to create a smooth and velvety texture in the gravy.
- 1 cup vegetable broth: The base of the gravy is not only rich and savory but also low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce: This umami-packed ingredient adds depth and flavor to the gravy while also providing a healthy dose of protein.
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast: This vegan-friendly ingredient not only adds a cheesy and nutty flavor to the dish but also contains high amounts of vitamin B12, which is often lacking in plant-based diets.
- 1 tsp dried thyme: This fragrant herb not only adds a wonderful aroma to the dish but also has antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- 1/2 tsp salt: A pinch of salt is necessary to bring out the flavors of the dish while also regulating fluid balance in the body.
To prepare the Quorn Turk’y Roast:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove the roast from its packaging and place it in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Brush the roast with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, or until the roast is golden brown and heated through.
To make the mushroom gravy:
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced onions and minced garlic and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and browned.
- In a separate bowl, mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with a cup of vegetable broth and stir until smooth.
- Add the broth mixture to the skillet, along with a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of nutritional yeast, a teaspoon of dried thyme, and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Cook the gravy until it thickens.
- Pour the mushroom gravy over the Quorn Turk’y Roast, and serve hot. Enjoy your Vegan Quorn Turkey Roast with Mushroom Gravy!”
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cook the Vegan Quorn Turkey Roast with Mushroom Gravy.
- Preheat your Toaster oven to 375°F (190°C) and remove the Quorn Turk’y Roast from its packaging. This helps to ensure that the roast is cooked evenly and thoroughly.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with olive oil and place the roast in it. Brush the roast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. These seasonings enhance the flavor of the roast and bring out the natural flavors of the ingredients.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes. This helps to keep the roast moist and prevents it from drying out.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, or until the roast is golden brown and heated through. This step allows the roast to develop a crispy exterior while maintaining its moist and tender interior.
- While the roast is baking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onions and minced garlic and sauté until fragrant and translucent. This step adds a savory and aromatic base to the mushroom gravy.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and browned. This step adds a meaty texture to the dish while also adding vitamins and antioxidants.
- In a separate bowl, mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with a cup of vegetable broth and stir until smooth. This helps to create a smooth and velvety texture in the gravy.
- Add the broth mixture to the skillet, along with a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of nutritional yeast, a teaspoon of dried thyme, and half a teaspoon of salt. These ingredients add depth and flavor to the gravy while also providing a healthy dose of nutrients.
- Cook the gravy until it thickens, stirring occasionally to prevent lumps. This step ensures that the gravy has a smooth and silky texture.
- Once the roast is finished baking, pour the mushroom gravy over it, and serve hot. This step completes the dish, giving it a rich and savory flavor that’s sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate.
Tips: To ensure that your Vegan Quorn Turkey Roast with Mushroom Gravy turns out perfectly every time, make sure to brush the roast with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper before baking. Also, keep an eye on the roast as it bakes to prevent it from becoming dry. Lastly, let the roast rest for a few minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute and keep the roast moist and tender. Enjoy!”
Side Dish Suggestions:
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasting vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, carrots, and sweet potatoes brings out their natural sweetness and caramelizes their exterior, adding a crispy and flavorful texture that pairs well with the meaty texture of the Quorn Turk’y Roast.
- Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and buttery mashed potatoes make for a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with the rich and savory flavors of the mushroom gravy.
- Sautéed Greens: Sautéed greens such as kale, spinach, and collard greens provide a healthy and flavorful side dish that balances out the richness of the roast and gravy.
- Cranberry Sauce: The tart and sweet flavors of cranberry sauce provide a refreshing contrast to the savory and meaty flavors of the roast and gravy.
- Herb Gravy: A classic herb gravy made with thyme, rosemary, and sage adds an extra layer of flavor to the dish and complements the earthy flavors of the mushroom gravy.
- Mustard Sauce: A tangy mustard sauce made with Dijon mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar adds a zesty kick to the dish and pairs well with the meaty flavors of the Quorn Turk’y Roast.
As a chef, I recommend experimenting with different side dishes and sauces to find the perfect combination that suits your taste preferences. Bon appétit!”
To wrap it up, this Vegan Quorn Turkey Roast with Mushroom Gravy recipe is a perfect combination of taste and health. With its rich flavor and high nutritional value, this dish is a perfect fit for any occasion. And guess what, it’s super easy to make! The prep time is only 20 minutes, and the cooking time is 45 minutes.
So, don’t hesitate, it’s time to put on your chef hat and give this recipe a try. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed! And don’t forget to share your cooking experience with me, I’d love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you might have. Keep cooking and keep experimenting!