Looking for an affordable toaster oven that won’t break the bank but still delivers excellent performance? Look no further than these five top-rated toaster ovens, all available for under $130.
From the versatile COSTWAY 8-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven to the compact and efficient Breville Mini Smart Toaster Oven, there’s an option here to suit any kitchen and cooking style. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of each of these top toaster ovens, highlighting their key features, pros, and cons, to help you make an informed decision.
- At A Glance: Best Toaster Ovens Under $130
- 1. COSTWAY 8-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- 2. Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
- 3. Breville Mini Smart Toaster Oven
- 4. Proctor Silex 4 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
- 5. Cuisinart TOB-1010 Toaster Oven
- Comparison Table of the 5 Best Toaster Ovens
- How to Choose the Perfect Toaster Oven for Your Needs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Are toaster ovens energy-efficient?
- Can a toaster oven replace a microwave?
- How do I clean my toaster oven?
- What can I cook in a toaster oven?
At A Glance: Best Toaster Ovens Under $130
- COSTWAY 8-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
- Breville Mini Smart Toaster Oven
- Proctor Silex 4 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
- Cuisinart TOB-1010 Toaster Oven
1. COSTWAY 8-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven
The COSTWAY 8-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven is a versatile kitchen appliance that packs a punch. Equipped with 8 pre-set cooking functions, this toaster oven can do it all – from toasting and baking to air frying and dehydrating. Its generous 19-quart capacity is perfect for preparing large meals, whether you’re whipping up a feast for the family or entertaining guests.
The oven boasts 360-degree hot air circulation technology, ensuring even and efficient cooking. Plus, the adjustable temperature control (ranging from 180°F to 450°F) and built-in 60-minute timer with auto shut-off allow you to customize your cooking experience.
One standout feature of the COSTWAY toaster oven is the included air fryer basket, which lets you enjoy your favorite fried foods with less oil and fewer calories. In addition, the oven comes with a wire rack, a bake pan, and a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning.
Pros and Cons
- 8-in-1 versatility: This toaster oven is like having your own personal sous-chef! Toast, bake, broil, roast, air fry, dehydrate, defrost, or reheat – the possibilities are endless.
- Large capacity: With a 19-quart interior, there’s plenty of room to feed a small army, or at least your hungry family.
- Healthier frying: Satisfy your craving for fried food without the guilt, thanks to the air fryer function.
- Easy-to-use controls: Simple, intuitive dials make this appliance user-friendly, even for the most “tech-challenged” among us.
- Accessories galore: The included wire rack, bake pan, and air fryer basket are like the icing on the cake, making this oven even more versatile.
- Size matters: The large capacity might be great for cooking, but it also means this appliance takes up a fair amount of counter space.
- Captain Planet wouldn’t approve: With so many features, this toaster oven might consume more energy than simpler models. However, the energy savings from using it instead of a conventional oven should help balance things out.
2. Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
- Spacious interior that can fit up to six slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza
- Easy-to-use temperature and time controls
- Roll-top door that makes it easy to access your food without burning your hands
- Includes a baking pan and broil rack for added versatility
- Comes with a crumb tray for easy cleanup
Pros and Cons
- Say goodbye to burnt fingers with the roll-top door. It’s like a garage door for your toast!
- With six slices of toasting capacity, you can finally invite your whole squad over for brunch.
- The baking pan and broil rack mean you can finally cook something other than frozen pizza.
- The crumb tray makes cleaning up a breeze. No more digging around with a toothpick to get those pesky crumbs out.
- If you’re looking for a toaster oven with fancy features like air frying or dehydrating, you’ll have to look elsewhere. This toaster oven keeps it simple.
- The roll-top door can take a little getting used to, but once you do, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
- While it can fit a 12-inch pizza, you might have to get creative with how you arrange your toppings. But hey, that’s just more room for cheese, right?
- Some users have reported that the temperature control can be a little finicky, so keep an eye on your food to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
3. Breville Mini Smart Toaster Oven
- Compact design that won’t take up too much counter space
- Four cooking functions: toast, bake, broil, and roast
- Element IQ technology that automatically adjusts the heating elements for even cooking
- 8-inch pizza capacity
- Non-stick interior that makes cleaning up a breeze
Pros and Cons
- This toaster oven may be mini, but it packs a punch! With four cooking functions and Element IQ technology, you can cook like a pro in no time.
- Don’t let its small size fool you – it can fit an 8-inch pizza. That’s like a personal pan pizza, but without the judgment from the pizza delivery guy.
- The non-stick interior makes cleaning up a breeze. No more scrubbing burnt cheese off the bottom of your oven!
- Its compact design means it won’t take up too much counter space. Perfect for small kitchens or anyone who needs to make room for more important things, like a coffee maker or a toaster.
- While it can fit an 8-inch pizza, don’t expect to cook a Thanksgiving turkey in here. This toaster oven is best suited for small meals and snacks.
- Some users have reported that the Element IQ technology can be a little too smart for its own good. Keep an eye on your food to make sure it doesn’t overcook or burn.
- If you’re looking for a toaster oven with more cooking options, you’ll have to look elsewhere. This one keeps it simple with just four functions.
- The price tag might be a little steep for some, but hey, you’re paying for quality. And the convenience of having a mini oven that can cook your food perfectly is priceless.
4. Proctor Silex 4 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven
Proctor Silex 4 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven (Professional, Conversational)
The Proctor Silex 4 Slice Countertop Toaster Oven is a compact and affordable appliance perfect for small kitchens and those on a tight budget. Despite its smaller size, this toaster oven can accommodate up to four slices of bread or a 9-inch pizza, making it perfect for quick snacks and small meals.
This toaster oven features three cooking settings – bake, broil, and toast – offering versatility without overwhelming you with options. The adjustable temperature control ranges from 150°F to 450°F, allowing you to customize your cooking experience to suit your needs.
The 30-minute timer with an auto shut-off function ensures your food is cooked to perfection without the risk of overcooking. The toaster oven also comes with a baking pan and removable crumb tray, making it easy to clean and maintain.
Pros and Cons
- Compact design: Perfect for small kitchens, dorm rooms, or RV living, this toaster oven won’t eat up your precious counter space.
- Budget-friendly: Your wallet will thank you for choosing this affordable option that still delivers on performance.
- Simple and straightforward: With three basic cooking settings, you won’t need a PhD to operate this appliance.
- Easy to clean: The removable crumb tray is a lifesaver when it comes to keeping your kitchen spick and span.
- Temperature control: Toast your bread lightly or char it to a crisp – the choice is yours, thanks to the adjustable temperature settings.
- Less versatile: While the three cooking settings cover the basics, you might miss some of the bells and whistles of higher-priced models.
- Not for large meals: The smaller capacity means this toaster oven is best suited for snacks and small dishes – don’t expect to cook a large turkey in this bad boy.
5. Cuisinart TOB-1010 Toaster Oven
The Cuisinart TOB-1010 Toaster Oven is a sleek and stylish addition to any kitchen, offering a combination of reliable performance and high-quality design. This toaster oven features five cooking functions: bake, broil, toast, bagel, and warm, giving you the versatility to prepare a wide range of dishes.
The spacious 0.5 cubic-foot interior can comfortably fit a 9-inch pizza, 4 slices of bread, or a variety of other foods, making it perfect for both family meals and solo snacking. The adjustable temperature control (ranging from 150°F to 450°F) ensures precise cooking, while the 30-minute timer with auto shut-off helps prevent overcooking.
One of the standout features of the Cuisinart TOB-1010 is its stainless steel construction, which not only looks great on your countertop but also offers excellent durability. The toaster oven also comes with a baking/drip pan and a wire rack, making it easy to cook various dishes and clean up afterward.
Pros and Cons
- Stylish design: The stainless steel exterior of this toaster oven is sure to impress your guests and blend seamlessly with your kitchen décor.
- Multiple cooking functions: With five options at your disposal, this toaster oven lets you get creative in the kitchen.
- Spacious interior: Cook up a storm with enough room to fit a 9-inch pizza or 4 slices of bread.
- Durable construction: The high-quality materials used in this appliance ensure that it’s built to last.
- Easy cleanup: The included baking/drip pan and wire rack make cleaning up after your culinary adventures a breeze.
- Higher price point: The Cuisinart TOB-1010 is not the cheapest option on our list, but its features and performance make it a worthy investment.
- Limited timer: The 30-minute timer might be a bit short for certain dishes, so you’ll need to keep an eye on the clock if you’re cooking something that requires more time.
Comparison Table of the 5 Best Toaster Ovens
|Model||Cooking Functions||Capacity||Temperature Range||Timer||Accessories Included||Price Range|
|COSTWAY 8-in-1 Air Fryer Toaster Oven||8||19 quarts||180°F – 450°F||60 min||Yes||$$|
|Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Toaster Oven||4||6 slices of bread, 12″ pizza||150°F – 450°F||30 min||Yes||$|
|Breville Mini Smart Toaster Oven||8||4 slices of bread, 11″ pizza||120°F – 450°F||120 min||Yes||$$$|
|Proctor Silex 4 Slice Toaster Oven||3||4 slices of bread, 9″ pizza||150°F – 450°F||30 min||Yes||$|
|Cuisinart TOB-1010 Toaster Oven||5||4 slices of bread, 9″ pizza||150°F – 450°F||30 min||Yes||$$|
- Cooking Functions: The number of pre-set cooking options available.
- Capacity: The maximum amount of food (slices of bread, pizza size) the toaster oven can accommodate.
- Temperature Range: The range of temperatures the toaster oven can be set to.
- Timer: The maximum duration of the built-in timer.
- Accessories Included: Whether the toaster oven comes with additional items like baking pans, wire racks, or air fryer baskets.
- Price Range: The approximate cost of the toaster oven, with $ indicating the most affordable and $$$ indicating the most expensive.
How to Choose the Perfect Toaster Oven for Your Needs
Features to Consider
When shopping for the ideal toaster oven, it’s essential to keep in mind the features that matter most to you. Consider the following aspects to find the perfect fit for your needs:
- Cooking functions: Evaluate the pre-set cooking options available in each model. Some toaster ovens offer basic functions like baking, broiling, and toasting, while others boast a wider range of options, including air frying and dehydrating. Determine which functions you’ll use most frequently before making a decision.
- Capacity: Think about how much food you typically cook at once. If you mostly prepare small meals or snacks, a compact toaster oven with a lower capacity might be sufficient. However, if you often cook larger dishes, opt for a model with a more generous interior.
- Temperature range: Different toaster ovens have varying temperature settings, which can impact their versatility. A wider temperature range allows for greater flexibility when cooking different types of dishes.
- Timer: Consider the built-in timer of each model and whether it meets your needs. A longer timer may be more suitable for dishes that require extended cooking times.
- Accessories: Some toaster ovens include additional items like baking pans, wire racks, or air fryer baskets. If these accessories are important to you, be sure to choose a model that comes with them.
Size and Space
While size might not matter in all aspects of life, it’s certainly a significant factor when it comes to toaster ovens. Here’s what to consider when choosing a model that fits your kitchen and lifestyle:
- Counter space: Unless you’re blessed with endless counter space, it’s essential to find a toaster oven that won’t take up every inch of your precious real estate. Measure the available space in your kitchen and compare it to the dimensions of each toaster oven you’re considering.
- Portability: If you plan to move your toaster oven around frequently (maybe you’re an avid camper or frequent party host), consider choosing a lighter and more compact model.
- Capacity vs. size: Striking a balance between a toaster oven’s size and its capacity can be tricky. While you want an appliance that can handle the food you typically cook, you don’t want it to dominate your kitchen. Look for models that offer a generous interior without taking up too much space.
By taking these factors into account, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect toaster oven to suit your needs and elevate your cooking game.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are toaster ovens energy-efficient?
Surprisingly, toaster ovens can be quite energy-efficient, especially compared to traditional ovens. They heat up faster, maintain temperature more effectively, and use less energy overall. However, the actual energy efficiency varies between models, so always check the specs before committing.
Can a toaster oven replace a microwave?
While toaster ovens and microwaves both have their merits, they’re not interchangeable. A toaster oven excels at baking, broiling, and toasting, while a microwave is great for quick reheating and defrosting. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and your specific cooking needs.
How do I clean my toaster oven?
Cleaning a toaster oven is easier than you might think, just follow these simple steps:
- Unplug the toaster oven and let it cool down.
- Remove the crumb tray and wash it with warm, soapy water.
- Wipe down the interior with a damp cloth, avoiding the heating elements.
- Clean the glass door with a mixture of vinegar and water.
- For stubborn stains, use a non-abrasive cleaner or baking soda paste.
- Wipe down the exterior and dry everything thoroughly before reassembling and plugging it back in.
What can I cook in a toaster oven?
What can’t you cook in a toaster oven? These versatile appliances can handle everything from toast and bagels to casseroles, pizzas, cookies, and even small roasts. Get creative and see what delicious meals you can whip up!
Final thoughts on the best toaster ovens under $130
With the five fantastic options outlined in this article, you’re bound to find the ideal fit for your kitchen and budget. Just remember to consider the features, size, and space before making a decision, and you’ll soon be on your way to toasting, roasting, and baking delicious creations that even the pickiest of eaters will love. Cheers to that!